LIBERTY, VA. – The University of Mount Olive track & field teams had a successful showing at the Liberty Kickoff in Liberty, Va. over the weekend. Jonathan Dahlke recorded an NCAA Provisional Qualifying mark in the mile, while several Trojans also broke school records at the meet.
Location: Liberty, Va.
INSIDE THE RESULTS
- Celine Ritter in the 800m, broke the UMO school record set back in 2012.
- Leah Hanle also broke a school record in the mile.
- Taylor Moncrief broke the UMO school record in the high jump as she competed in the pentathlon.
- Jonathan Dahlke and Adam Craig both set NCAA Provisional Qualifying Marks in the mile.
- Johnny Middlebrooks, Trevor Carr, Tedric Shannon, and Montre Holmes also joined in on the record-breaking as the team re-broke the 4x400m relay UMO school record with a 3:18.02 time in the event. Each runner dipped under 50 seconds in their individual legs to achieve the new record.
- Christopher Perez-Mondragon broke the school record in the 800m with teammate Jonathan Dahlke finishing just 0.19 behind him.
- The Trojans' men's and women's track and field teams will compete again at the Camel City Invitational and Vince Brown Invitational this weekend February 3-4 in both Winston-Salem, N.C. and Newport News, Va.