Salisbury, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive defeated Catawba College 3-1 Wednesday afternoon in non-conference men's soccer.
Score: Mount Olive 3, Catawba 1
Records: Mount Olive (2-0-0); Catawba (0-2-0)
Location: Salisbury, N.C. (Frock Soccer Complex)
How It Happened
- Mount Olive and Catawba battled closely in the opening half as neither team found the back of the net. UMO was outshot 6-to-4 in the first half but held off the Indians attack.
- Catawba in the 67th minute took the lead on a Tom Singhgolden goal from 12 yards out.
- The Trojans did respond by finding the tying goal in the 73rd minute as Anthony Wren was on the receiving end of a rebound from 10 yards out and found the back of the net.
- Sam Murphy pushed the Trojans ahead in the 78th minute as he picked up a tap-in rebound goal for the game winner.
- UMO added one final goal to their lead in the 86th minute as Sebastian Loibl struck a ball from the left side of the box from 10 yards out and Mount Olive led 3-1.
- Loibl led the Trojans with five shots, three on target, and one goal.
- Preston Snyder (1-0) was solid for the Trojans as he allowed one goal on three shots in between the posts.
Mount Olive will remain on the road as the Trojans will take on Columbia International in Columbia, S.C. on September 9 at 7 p.m.