Mount Olive, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive fell to No. 17 Lees-McRae College 1-0 in Conference Carolinas Men's soccer Saturday afternoon.
Score: Lees-McRae 1, Mount Olive 0
Records: Mount Olive (3-1-0, 0-1-0); Lees-McRae (5-0-1, 3-0-0)
Location: Mount Olive, N.C. (Amon Field)
How It Happened
- Mount Olive and Lees-McRae battled early on for momentum as the first shot of the game did not occur until the 14th minute.
- The Bobcats went on to push the game's first goal in the 33rd minute of play as Harvey McMarrow hit a laser shot into the right upper 90 and LMC took the lead.
- UMO tried to answer in the 39th minute as Sebastian Loibl struck for goal but was denied by the Bobcats' keeper.
- The Trojans to make a comeback in the second half but LMC held off the attack by Mount Olive, despite UMO registering nine shots.
- Loibl led the Trojans with four shots. Tyler Hall was close behind him with three shots.
- Preston Snyder (1-1-0) picked up the loss in goal as he allowed one goal, however, the freshman did record seven saves.
Mount Olive will remain at home to face the Patriots of Francis Marion on Wednesday, September 20 at Amon Field. First kick is set for 7 p.m.