Mount Olive, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive fell to Francis Marion 4-2 at Amon Field in the Wednesday night nonconference matchup.
Score: Francis Marion 4, Mount Olive 2
Records: Mount Olive (3-2-0, 0-1-0); Francis Marion (4-1-0, 0-0-0)
Location: Mount Olive, N.C. (Amon Field)
How It Happened
- Francis Marion got off to a fast start as the got on the scoreboard first with a goal just 4:30 into the game.
- The second goal came in the 23rd minute, with the Patriots' third following only four minutes later in the 27th.
- FMU continued to control the pace of play as they scored their final goal of the match came in the 35th minute of play.
- The Trojans held off the Patriots in the second half preventing further scoring and shifted the momentum as they got on the scoreboard themselves.
- Sebastian Loibl recorded his first of two goals in the 68th minute off of a free position kick from about 30 yards out.
- Loibl's second goal came 12 minutes later as he spun around a defender after receiving the pass in from Grant Conybear to pull within two.
- Unfortunately, time was not on the Trojans side as the Patriots emerged the victors in the Wednesday night showdown.
- Loibl led the Trojans scoring both goals on eight shots, three coming on frame. Nikolai Iotov was second behind him with four shots with one on goal.
- Preston Snyder (1-2-0) picked up the loss in goal as he allowed four goals, however, the freshman recorded four saves.
Mount Olive will hit the road as they travel to Conference Carolinas opponent Erskine on Saturday, Sept. 23. First kick is scheduled for 4 p.m. at Huggins Field in Due West, S.C.