MOUNT OLIVE, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive men's soccer team came away with a double-overtime draw against North Greenville University 2-1 in Conference Carolinas action Saturday afternoon in Wilson, N.C.
Score: Mount Olive 2, North Greenville 2
Records: Mount Olive (6-3-1, 2-2-1); North Greenville (3-6-1, 2-3-1)
Location: Mount Olive, N.C. (Amon Field)
How It Happened
- Mount Olive took the momentum early as Sebastian Loibl connected on a pass from Baptiste Tajan and found the back of the net in the 22nd minute.
- North Greenville fought back however and found the game-tying goal in the 42nd minute to knot the game going into the break.
- The Trojans answered to break the first half tie in the 52nd minute as Tyler hall found the back right of the net off a double assist from Tajan and Loibl to push UMO up 2-1.
- NGU once again came back to tie the game at two after a Dillion Erkens score in the 77th minute.
- Two overtime periods were needed following regulation, however, neither team could find the game-winning goal and the match ended in a draw.
- Sebastian Loibl picked up his 11th goal of the season and led the Trojans with 13 shots and one assist.
- Tyler hall recorded the second goal for UMO and was second on the team with five shots.
- Preston Snyder tallied six saves playing all 110 minutes in net.
The Trojans return to action October 11 when Mount Olive will travel to Newberry, S.C. to take on Newberry College. First kick is set for 4 p.m.