NEWBERRY, S.C. - The University of Mount Olive men's soccer team fell in double overtime to Newberry College 3-2 in non-conference men's soccer action Wednesday afternoon in Newberry, S.C.
Score: Newberry 3, Newberry 2
Records: Mount Olive (6-4-1, 2-2-1); Newberry (3-6-2)
Location: Newberry, S.C. (Smith Road Complex)
How It Happened
- Mount Olive had to work from behind late in the opening half as Newberry scored the first goal of the game at the 37:13 mark.
- The Trojans however used every second of the clock to find the equalizer as Sebastian Loibl scored with seven seconds before the halftime horn as Baptiste Tajan assisted on the goal and UMO went into the break knotted at one.
- Newberry broke the tie in the 64th minute on a shot from 10 yards out and took the led 2-1.
- Coming off the bench, Nikolai Iotov tied the game once again in the 82nd minute to give the momentum back to the Trojans.
- Two overtime periods were needed to draw a decision as Newberry came away with the game-winner in the second OT in the 103rd minute to take the victory 3-2.
- Sebastian Loibl led the Trojans with nine shots and a goal.
- Nikolai Iotov recorded the second goal for UMO and was second on the team with three shots.
- Preston Snyder tallied seven saves playing all 103 minutes in net.
The Trojans return to action October 14 when Mount Olive will host King University as part of Upward Youth Soccer Day at Amon Field. First kick is set for 4 p.m.