BELMONT, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive men's soccer team fell 2-1 to the Crusaders of Belmont Abbey College in Conference Carolinas men's soccer action Wednesday night in Belmont, N.C.
Score: Belmont Abbey 2, Mount Olive 1
Records: Mount Olive (4-7-1, 2-5-0); Belmont Abbey (6-4-3, 5-1-3)
Location: Belmont, N.C. (Alumni Field)
How It Happened
- Mount Olive found itself behind quickly as 8:14 into the game a through ball found an open Crusader and beat the Trojan keeper for the first score of the game.
- Just over three minutes later Belmont Abbey doubled their advantage off a corner kick in the 12th minute and went up 2-0.
- UMO went on to take six more shots in the half but were kept off the board.
- The Trojans continued to try and make a comeback in the second half and were able to find the back of the net in the final minutes.
- Eric Healy settled a service from Trevor Berk and beat the Crusader keeper to his right and shrunk the deficit to 2-1 with 1:56 left in the game.
- The final horn sounded however and the comeback fell short for Mount Olive.
- Eric Healy led the Trojans offense as he scored the sole goal on two shots.
- Austin Porter (4-7-1, 2-5-0) grabbed two saves in goal.
Mount Olive is back action on Saturday, October 20, as they return to Amon Field to face Limestone College. The Trojans and Saints take to the field with a first kick time of 4 p.m.