MOUNT OLIVE, N.C. – The University of Mount Olive women's basketball team fell to the Crusaders of Belmont Abbey College 73-56 on Saturday afternoon in Conference Carolinas action at Kornegay Arena in Mount Olive, N.C.
Score: Belmont Abbey 73, Mount Olive 56
Records: Belmont Abbey (17-7, 14-3), Mount Olive (9-15, 7-9)
Location: Kornegay Arena | Mount Olive, N.C.
How It Happened
- Three consecutive three-pointers by the Trojans, one by Felecity Havens and two by Tommarah Harris, gave UMO a one-point lead, 11-10, with 5:22 remaining in the first quarter.
- Belmont Abbey took the lead on a three-pointer with just under five minutes to play, but the Trojans stayed in the game trailing by one, 20-19, at the end of the first.
- The Crusaders went on a run, scoring 18 points in the second quarter and held the Trojans to eight as the score sat 38-27 at the half.
- UMO opened the third quarter scoring six-straight points to cut the BAC lead to five, 38-33.
- The Trojans outscored the Crusaders 18-13 in the third quarter as UMO trailed by six, 51-45, heading into the final ten minutes.
- Mount Olive was held to only 11 points in the fourth quarter as Belmont Abbey went on to win the game 73-56 after tallying 22 points in the final ten minutes of action.
- Felecity Havens was the leading scorer of the game with 22 points for the Trojans.
- Jada Bacchus had eight points and seven rebounds.
- Hope Toliver tallied eight points and eight rebounds as the leading rebounder for the Trojans.
- UMO shot 71.4% from the free throw line making 10-14 attempts.
Mount Olive is back in action on Wednesday, February 14, as they host the Lions of Emmanuel College. The Trojans and Lions faceoff at 5:30 p.m. at Kornegay Arena for more Conference Carolinas competition. Following the women's game is game two of the doubleheader as the men tip-off around 7:30 p.m.