Mount Olive, N.C. – The University of Mount Olive women's lacrosse team defeated Lees-McRae College, 27-1, on Saturday afternoon in Banner Elk, N.C.
Score: Mount Olive 27, Lees-McRae 1
Records: Mount Olive (6-5, 4-1 CC), Lees-McRae (2-5, 1-4 CC)
Location: Tate Field, Banner Elk, N.C.
How It Happened
- Mount Olive found itself behind in the opening two minutes as Lees-McRae's Tiffany Laster scored the opening goal of the game.
- Bree Richards tied the game up at the 27:59 mark and started an 18-0 run to end the first half as UMO went into the break up 18-1.
- Micheala Ciciarelli led all scorers with five goals in the first half. Kiara Burke added four goals as well.
- The Trojans did not let up in the second half as UMO pushed across nine more goals.
- Addison Foudray (1), Kristin Sternkopf (2), and Maren Dinenna (1) all scored their first goals as a Trojan in the second half 9-0 run.
- The 27 goals scored by the Trojans sets the new program record previously set back in 2015 against Brevard when Mount Olive won 25-3.
- Ciciarelli finished three goals behind her career-high with five goals to led UMO.
- Sophomore Samantha Thompson (4-3) and Freshman Siena Miller split time between the posts each playing a half and record at least two saves.
- The Trojans outshot Lees-McRae, 37-10 and controlled the battle for draw controls, 22-8.
UMO will return home the Ray McDonald Sr. Track & Field/Lacrosse Complex to take on Emmanuel College on April 1 at 12 p.m. in Mount Olive, N.C.