TIGERVILLE, S.C. – The No. 23 Mount Olive Trojans cruised to victory over the Crusaders of North Greenville University 15-2 in Conference Carolinas women's lacrosse action on Friday evening at Pepsi Stadium in Tigerville, S.C. Meaghan Michaud and Jackie Kaderabek each tallied four goals in the contest.
Score: No. 23 Mount Olive 15 - North Greenville 2
Records: No. 23 Mount Olive (10-4 | 7-1), North Greenville (9-7 | 7-3)
Location: Pepsi Stadium | Tigerville, S.C.
How It Happened
- Mount Olive got things started with a goal from Jackie Kaderabek three minutes into action off a pass from Zoe Dougherty.
- Meaghan Michaud scored the next two UMO goals, both off passes from Kaderabek, putting the Trojans ahead 3-0.
- Jordan Shughrue found the back of the net as the clock neared the 10-minute mark off a free position shot and Michaud followed suite three and a half minutes later to put UMO up 5-0.
- Tiffany Lee scored on a man-up free position shot that gave UMO a 6-0 lead with six minutes remaining in the half.
- North Greenville found an open shot 2:10 before the halftime horn to hold off the shutout and going into the break trailing 6-1.
- UMO continued to dominate as they scored six unanswered goals to open the second half.
- A pair of Kaderabek goals sandwiched two from Shughrue as the Trojans took a 10-1 lead before eight minutes ticked off the clock in the second half.
- Michaud scored off an assist from Lee giving Mount Olive a 10 goal lead and the running clock.
- Skye Bradley joined the scoring rally on a free position shot at the 14:33 mark that gave the Trojans an 11 goal lead, 12-1.
- NGU scored their second goal of the match on an unassisted shot closing the gap to 10 goals, but UMO closed out the game with three more goals, two from Nola Wesche and one last one from Kaderabek, to win the match 15-2.
- Meaghan Michaud and Jackie Kaderabek each tallied four goals in the contest to lead the Trojans.
- Jordan Shughrue also collected a hat trick with her three goals scored in the match.
- Kaderabek and Skylar Grady each added a pair of assists,
- Siena Miller (W: 8-2) played all 60 minutes between the pipes giving up just two goals in four shots faced.
- UMO lead in a majority of the stat lines including draw controls (12-7), shots (40-7), and ground balls (20-12).
- The Trojans went a perfect 13-13 on clears and converted four of 12 free position shot attempts.
Mount Olive continues their road trip tomorrow at Erskine College. The Trojans and Flying Fleet will meet for first draw at 12 noon in Due West, S.C.