Mount Olive, N.C. – The University of Mount Olive women's volleyball team dropped a three-set match to Barton College in Conference Carolinas action Tuesday night.
Score: Barton 3, Mount Olive 0 (25-12), (25-12), (25-19)
Records: Mount Olive 7-7 (3-2); Barton 7-7 (4-1)
Location: Kornegay Arena
How It Happened
- The Trojans held an early 7-6 lead before Barton began a 19-5 run to close the set.
- UMO hit just -.111 in the set to the Bulldogs' .241.
- Barton opened up a 9-1 lead to take control of the set.
- The Trojans were led by junior Karley Pounds, who tallied three kills in the set.
- UMO pushed Barton to the brink, as the Trojans tied the match at 16-16 after a long rally and a kill by Pounds which ignited the crowd.
- In the final points, the Bulldogs pulled away using a 7-2 run to secure the win.
- Pounds led the Trojans in kills for the fourth-straight match with 10.
- Freshman Kamber Skeen chipped in 23 assists to lead UMO.
- Junior Casey Fiechter amassed 14 digs to lead Mount Olive.
The Trojans return to action this weekend with a pair of road matches beginning with a contest at Converse College on September 30 followed by a matchup with Limestone College on October 1.