Tigerville, S.C. – The University of Mount Olive women's volleyball team dropped a three-set match to North Greenville University in Conference Carolinas action Friday night.
Score: North Greenville 3, Mount Olive 0 (25-14), (25-12), (25-18)
Records: Mount Olive 10-17 (5-10); North Greenville 18-11 (7-8)
Location: Hayes Gymnasium
How It Happened
- The Trojans attack struggled to get going in the first stanza, as UMO fell behind 6-1 early.
- UMO cut the Crusaders advantage to just 10-9, but was never able to tie the set.
- Once again, NGU jumped out to a fast start and took control of the set early.
- In a critical stage of the second frame, North Greenville used a 7-0 run to increase an 11-8 lead to a 17-8 advantage in route to the 25-12 victory.
- Mount Olive earned its only three leads of the match at 3-2, 5-4, and 6-5 before NGU took control just shy of the midway point.
- A 5-0 run from the Crusaders opened up a six point advantage over UMO that the Trojans struggled to cut into.
- UMO got as close as 19-17, but NGU responded with a 3-0 run on its way to the 25-18 set win.
- Junior Mackenzie Call led UMO with seven kills.
- Chipping in 17 assists and seven digs was freshman Kamber Skeen.
- Junior Casey Fiechter recorded a team-high 11 digs.
Mount Olive wraps-up the regular season with a 2 p.m. contest at Southern Wesleyan University in Central, S.C.