Bristol, Tenn. - The University of Mount Olive women's volleyball team fell in four sets to the Tornado of King University on Saturday afternoon in Conference Carolinas action in Bristol, Tenn.
Score: King 3, Mount Olive 1 (25-8, 25-17, 19-25, 25-14)
Records: Mount Olive (4-16, 0-7); King (11-8, 3-3)
Location: Bristol, Tenn.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- King dominated the first set as they opened on a 10-0 run over Mount Olive to begin the match.
- The Trojans scored eight points on four kills and four Tornado errors as King won the opening set 25-8.
- UMO opened the second set holding a slim 5-4 lead over King on two kills by MaKayla Huber and three Tornado errors.
- King responded with an 11-3 rally taking a 15-8 lead over Mount Olive.
- The Trojans pulled within four points, 15-11, on three straight King errors before the Tornado reclaimed a 10 point lead 23-13.
- Mount Olive scored four more points in the set but ran out of time to catch the Tornado who won the second set 25-17.
- King opened the third set with a 4-0 run but Mount Olive tied it up on a 5-1 rally through the opening serves.
- The Tornado went ahead on three consecutive points to take an 8-5 lead, however, the Trojans countered with a 7-0 run taking a four-point 12-8 lead.
- Mount Olive and King traded points throughout the middle part of the set with the Trojans holding on to their one-point lead until they were able to put together five points in a row to close out the set 25-19.
- The fourth set began with King taking a 4-1 lead before three consecutive Tornado errors tied up the score at four points each.
- A 10-3 run by King gave the Tornado a 14-7 lead over Mount Olive who called a timeout to strategize.
- UMO scored seven more points in the set but could not catch King who took the third set 25-14 and the match 3-1.
- Ania Keene led the Trojan attack with eight kills.
- Kamber Skeen tallied 15 assists & 16 digs while Nicholle Yoe collected 11 assists & 12 digs as both recorded double-doubles in the match.
Mount Olive wraps up their long road trip with a match at Chowan University in a non-conference matchup in Murfreesboro, N.C. The Trojans and Hawks are scheduled to take the first serve at 6 p.m. Fans can watch the match here or follow the live stats here. Also make sure to keep up with all things Trojan Athletics by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.