Mount Olive, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive women's volleyball team fell in three sets to the Crusaders of Belmont Abbey College on Friday night at Kornegay Arena in Conference Carolinas action in Mount Olive, N.C.
Score: Belmont Abbey, Mount Olive (25-14, 25-12, 25-15)
Records: Mount Olive (8-21 / 1-12); Belmont Abbey (20-9 / 11-2)
Location: Kornegay Arena | Mount Olive, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first set opened with the Crusaders taking a 4-1 lead over the Trojans.
- Belmont Abbey increased their lead to eight points following an 11-6 run that put the score at 15-7.
- Mount Olive scored seven more points in the set but dropped the opening game 25-14.
- Two kills by Brittany Barnett and a BAC error gave UMO a slim 3-2 lead to open the second set.
- The Trojans stuck with the Crusaders through the early part of the set as UMO trailed 9-7 following a 7-4 run by BAC.
- Belmont Abbey took off from there as Mount Olive found themselves behind 19-12 after a 10-5 run by the Crusaders.
- BAC took the last six points to win 25-12 and go ahead 2-0 in the match.
- Mount Olive quickly found themselves behind 5-1 in the opening services of the third set.
- BAC's lead grew to nine points, 14-5, following a Crusader led 9-4 run.
- UMO cut into the BAC lead on a 6-4 run but still trailed 18-11 midway through the set.
- The Crusaders closed out the game on a 7-4 run to win the third set 25-15 and the match 3-0.
- Kamber Skeen led the Trojans with seven kills, nine assists, and 13 digs.
Mount Olive is back in action Saturday when they close out the regular season against Lees-McRae. First serve between the Trojans and Bobcats is set for 3 p.m. Seniors Kaitlin Grote and Brittany Barnett will be recognized on senior day. Make sure to keep up with all things Trojan Athletics by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.